Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Review in Yahoo...


http://local.yahoo.com/profile?id=30157273&review_id=2


SIMPLY THE BEST.

I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT,,,,, I just saw Mexican Dance Ensemble in Portugal!!!!!!
out of all places, let me tell you about MDE,, wow, wow, and more wow.

Im so proud to know that my favorite Mexican Dance Company from my home town chicago is touring Europe.

Congratulations guys.

My dance company was performing on a tour in Portugal, Spain and France and in our last two days of our tour we were off so we went to walk around the town in Portugal and guess what? we saw a festival where MDE was performing, the reason I know this is because I recognize two of the MDE dancers Erica and Rafael (hope I spelled their names right).

This is the "best Mexican Dance Troup in Illinois" I had the opportunity to see them perform 3 times in the Harris Theater with their own productions and around the chicago area, and also have seen other mexican dance groups that reside in chicago, and I will have to say that MDE is the most original, authentic, and truly represents what mexican traditions are about, I have been performing as a ballet dancer for the Chicago City ballet for 15 yrs. and I am so amused by the work that MDE has achieved being such a young group.

Their performances are magnificent, truly professionals on stage, and I love the name Mexican Dance Ensemble MDE fantastic and catchy.

The city of Chicago provides great artists in all areas rather your looking for Theater, Dance,Jazz, Ballet, Modern, Contemporary and Folk, but if you are looking for a great uplifting experience with a mexican flare, check out MDE.

My favority piece, well I actually have 3 I love.
Colima, Corridos Mexicanos, and the last production I saw at the Harris Theater last year in July was fenomenal, Huastecas wow...my favorite.

Congratulations to MDE Artistic Directors and Choreographers you truly showed your hard work, reasearch and talent, your shows have demostrated that you do know what you are doing and you are well informed. I know this because I know is a lot of hard work and lot of tiem vested in all the performances.

Dancers are so fantastic and energetic.

have to see this Dance Company they are truly representatives of mexican culture and most of all originality and traditions.

your fan
Carlos

No comments: